Executive Pediatrics has served families in the local community and beyond through many generations. We believe in a close doctor-patient relationship and practice evidence based medicine. Our doctors are board certified, Fellows of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Executive Pediatrics sees patients from birth until age 19. We get to know all of our patients and families personally and provide a comprehensive and personal approach to any unique clinical issue that may present itself.
Our doctors are personally on call at night for emergency phone calls. The physicians at Executive Pediatrics speak English, Spanish, German and Filipino. We are proud of the diversity in our office among our staff and patient population.
Prenatal visits give new parents the opportunity to get to know their doctors before their baby is born. Executive Pediatrics offers prenatal visits free of charge. Our doctors will discuss any concerns new parents may have and guide them into an easy transition into our practice after their hospital visit. We endorse the vaccination schedule recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home is not a building, place or hospital. Rather, it is an approach to providing comprehensive healthcare. As your PCMH, we want to be the first place you think of for all of your child’s medical needs. We believe that the partnership between the patient, the patient’s family, and his/her primary care provider and care team is important. The care team, led by your primary care provider, is committed to providing the best healthcare services possible. Your child’s care team will work with you and any outside providers or facilities to coordinate care across all settings, including behavioral health. The team will offer appropriate medical advice, information, and self-management support based on current recommendations and evidence-based guidelines.
Your Care Team
- Knows the health history of your child
- Listens to your questions, concerns and feelings, as well as those of your child
- Learns about you, your family, your life situation, your health goals and preferences
- Coordinates your child’s care with other healthcare providers
- Creates a trusting, collaborative relationship with you and your child
- Treats your child with compassion and an understanding of his/her strengths
- Develops a care plan with you and your child when needed
- Respects and honors your culture and traditions
- Keeps your child up to date with all vaccines and preventative screenings
- Takes care of short term illnesses, long term chronic diseases, and your child’s overall well being
- Provides behavioral health services when appropriate
- Will notify you about test results in a timely manner
- Gives you information on community resources and other services to support your child’s health
- Helps you make the best decisions for your child’s care
You and Your Child
- Are comfortable sharing concerns and questions with your pediatric team and other health care providers
- Provide a complete and accurate medical and family history to your pediatric team to ensure that the practice has all of the most important and relevant medical information to effectively care for your child
- Routinely communicate your child’s needs and family priorities to your pediatric team
- Remember to tell your pediatric team about any care received between visits (including emergency room visits, urgent care clinics) so we can help coordinate your child’s care
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule as soon as possible
- Bring your insurance card to each appointment
- Pay copays and past-due balances at the time of service
We see you, the parent, as an important member of your child’s health care team. As your child matures, we hope he or she will become an increasingly active team member. Preparing your child to take the lead in caring for his or her own health is, ultimately, our team’s most important task.
After hours, our doctors are always available by telephone for urgent calls and emergencies.
The office is closed on holidays. All appointments are prescheduled, including same day sick visits.
Our doctors have privileges at St. John’s Riverside Hospital in Yonkers, NY, which is conveniently located across the street from Executive Pediatrics. Our physicians round on newborn babies everyday and provide continuity of care after discharge. If our patients need to be admitted to a hospital, our doctors will refer to a children’s hospital for the best care of each child.
Locally, we recommend Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital in Valhalla, NY. During the patients hospital stay, our doctors remain in close communication with the admitting doctors to permit excellent follow-up care.
Meet Our Team
Read more about Oliver Cartano, MD
Pediatrician, Executive Pediatrics
Read more about Svenja Resto, MD
Pediatrician, Executive Pediatrics