One-Year Volunteer Program
A few times a year, we open up our program to new applicants (ages 18 and older). We ask that these volunteers complete one four-hour shift per week for the duration of one year. If you are interested in a particular session, please check this page two to three months before the start of your chosen program for instructions on how to apply.
Placement will be made on an individual basis. Additionally, the volunteer will assist their supervisor with any other needs, such as unit programming, preparing materials for special events, and helping to organize and maintain a safe, clean environment while assisting with toy washing.
- Location: Main campus, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
- Deadline: Your reference form is due within one week of submitting the online application. We will follow up with all applicants via email within three to four weeks of our recruitment date.
How to apply
Our next recruitment period will be OPEN from 9 a.m. Tuesday, July 5, to 9 a.m. Thursday, July 7. Please consider applying if you can begin active service in September 2022 and complete the commitment of one calendar year (September 2022 to September 2023). Please revisit this page during recruitment to find the application link. Please keep in mind that our volunteer needs are generally 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
To apply you will need:
- One-Year Program volunteer application
- Reference form
- Please have your reference submitted by the end of Thursday, July 14.
- We recommend using email. Please have your reference send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not have your reference submitted beforehand, as we will not be able to attach it to your application.
- Be sure to follow up with your reference, as we will not be accepting reference forms more than one week after enrollment is closed.
- We only require one reference for a complete application.
- Applicants will receive an update about their application by Thursday, August 11.